SalaMindanaw International Film Festival has announced the winners of its third edition.
The following are the winners of SalaMindanaw 2015:
- Golden Durian Prize for best Asian feature: Under Construction (Rubaiyat Hossain, Bangladesh)
for reinvigorating the ‘woman question’ implanted in Dhaka, Bangladesh’s globalized contemporary imaginary
- Jury Prize: Jalanan (Daniel Ziv, Indonesia)
for its ambitious scope and critical and self-reflexive depiction of the musical lives of Jakarta’s street dwellers
- Golden Durian Prize for best Asian short: Elegy (Yousef Kargar, Iran)
for its poignant portrait of a man’s agonizing journey to find truths and answers
- Golden Durian Prize for best Mindanao short: Sangil (Christian Alan Toring, Iligan)
for its clever use of storytelling craft that arouses curiosity and introspection
- Philippine Next Cinema Filmmaker of the Future Prize :
SalaMindanaw runs from November 18 to December 2, 2015 in the cities of General Santos and Cotabato, Philippines. Fore more information, visit the Facebook page of SalaMindanaw International Film Festival.