The Cinemalaya Foundation has announced the finalists for the Short Feature category for the 2016 Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival.
The ten films will be screened from August 5 to 14 at the Cultural Center of the Philippines and Ayala Cinemas in Greenbelt 3, Trinoma and UP Town Center.
The ten short film finalists are the following:
- Butas by Richard Cawed
- Fish Out of Water by Ramon Alberto Garilao (Mon A.L. Garilao)
- Ang Maangas, Ang Marikit at Ang Makata by Jose Ibarra Guballa
- Bugtaw by Noah del Rosario
- Pektus by Isabel Maria Luz M. Quesada
- Nakauwi Na by John Relano
- Ang Hapon Ni Nanding by Rommel Tolentino
- Mansyong Papel by Ogos Aznar
- Get Certified by Isaias Herrera Zantua
- Forever Natin by Mary Clarence Espiritu
The ten finalists were selected from a total of 158 entries.
The best short feature will receive a prize of Php150,000.00 and the Balanghai trophy during the Cinemalaya Awards Night on August 14, 2016 at the CCP Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo (CCP Main Theater).
In addition to the short feature category, 2016 Cinemalaya Film Festival features the Main Competition category for the full length film entries. Cinemalaya is an all-digital film competition that aims to discover, encourage, and support the cinematic works of Filipino filmmakers that boldly articulate and freely interpret the Filipino experience with fresh insight and artistic integrity. It is a project of the Cinemalaya Foundation, Inc. in partnership with the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP). The Festival will again feature the Asian Showcase under the film exhibition category, the Ika-28 Gawad CCP Para Sa Alternatibong Pelikula at Video, premieres, indie festival’s best, documentaries, the Cinemalaya Campus, the Film Financing Forum and other film-related events.