The QCinema International Film Festival has announced the eight finalists for this year’s Circle Competition (full-fength feature category).
Chosen from 135 submitted screenplays and down to 25 semifinalists are the following:
- “Gugu” by Khavn
- “Neomanila” by Mikhail Red
- “Medusae” by Pam Miras
- “The Ashes and Ghosts of Tayug 1931″ by Christopher Gozum
- “The Write Moment” by Dominic Lim
- “Hubog ng Langit” by Lawrence Fajardo
- “Dormitoryo” by Emerson Reyes
- “The Chanters” by James Mayo
Each finalist received a production grant of P1 million from the Quezon City Film Development Council (QCFDC) and will be eligible to compete for the Pylon Awards with cash prizes at stake.
Now on its fifth year, QCinema is slated to run from October 19 to 28, 2017.