The 12 finalists of the first Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino were revealed by the Film Development Council of the Philippines through a press conference over lunch today at Sequioa Hotel.
These local films will be shown in all theaters nationwide from August 16-22.
- 100 Tula para kay Stella by Jason Paul Laxamana
- Ang Manananggal sa Unit 23B by Prime Cruz
- AWOL by Enzo Williams
- Bar Boys by Kip Oebanda
- Birdshot by Mikhail Red
- Hamog by Ralston Jover
- Paglipay by Zig Dulay
- Patay Na si Hesus by Victor Villanueva
- Pauwi Na by Paolo Villaluna
- Salvage by Sherad Anthony Sanchez
- Star Na si Van Damme Stallone by Randolph Longjas
- Triptiko by Miguel Franco Michelena
The selection committee is composed of FDCP CEO & Chair Liza Diño-Seguerra, screenwriter Ricky Lee, Erik Matti, director Jose Javier Reyes, DOP Lee Briones-Meily, Central Digital Lab CEO & President Manet A. Dayrit, film critic Oggs Cruz, and actress Iza Calzado.
Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino is a nationwide celebration of Philippine cinema in line with the Buwan ng Wika which will be shown in some 790 cinemas from all over the country.