For the first time in the Philippines, a fashion film festival is organized to showcase the fashion industry as it continues to thrive despite the hiatus brought about by the worldwide pandemic. Manila International Fashion Week, through a press talk held in its partner venue Okada Manila, announced the highlights of the first Manila Fashion Film Competition in the country.
As the event’s main purpose is to combine the arts of fashion and filmmaking, the competition is open to fashion filmmakers from around the world. This is an opportunity for young directors and fashion designers to showcase their talent in different ways, like films about fashion brands, fashion short films and
documentaries. The organizers want to connect the people behind the fashion and film industry. In fact, this event is supported by beauty queens, icons, celebrities and personalities from different industries.
Here are some snaps from the press talk of Up Live for the Fashion Film Competition and Fame Awardees.
The following are the entries to this year’s Manila Fashion Film Competition:
- AlasCuatro, by Dave Cecilio, Fashion Icon Sheralene ShirataThe Power of an Icon by Anthony Brillantes, Fashion Icon Riza Oben Dormiendo
- FORBIDDEN, directed by IG Cruz, Fashion Icon Veronica Veron
- HAKBANG by IG Cruz, Fashion Icons Anne Jaelynn Cangao and Mikaela Fantilanan
- Rise of Shadow by Directed by: Ernesto D. Jubelag III and Icon Mr. John Llyod Estember Tenebro
- I am Woman directed by Hannah Lee, Fashion Icon Monaliza Hernandez Salenga
- ARAB Message – United Arab Emirates
- Vitality – Lebanon
- Synthesis – United Kingdom
- SUSANA DAMOUNI – Social Media Influencer and Model
- TYLER GALLANT – Hollywood Actor and Model
- sean cronin – The Mummy Returns and Harry Potter Actor
- Said William Legue – Award-winning International Actor
- MI KWAN LOCK – International Actress/ Director
- Alain Zirah – Les Off de Cannes, Founder and Director
- Robby Carmona
- Jojo Urguico
- Raymond Villanueva
Johnny Yu and Mrs Universe Philippines 2022 Veronica Yu are the proud recipients of the Philanthropist Couple of the Year Award bestowed upon them by the FAME Foundation.
Manila International Fashion Week is produced by Sir George Salon (Headed by
Direk Larry Asistin), Ganap International Magazine (Headed by John Guarnes and Bench Bello) and White Canvas Events Co. (headed by Yen David).
Manila International Fashion Week is happening this October 28 at The Cove in Okada.
For tickets and other details, please visit https: //manilaifw.com. You may also email them at email@example.com.