Press release from the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA):
The cast of ‘Mamasapano: Now It Can Be Told’ bags Special Jury Prize in MMFF Gabi ng Parangal: ‘Deleter,’ ‘Nanahimik ang Gabi’ lead awards haul
The cast of action film “Mamasapano: Now It Can Be Told” bagged the Special Jury Prize in the 48th Metro Manila Film Festival Gabi ng Parangal held on December 27 at the New Frontier Theater in Quezon City.
The announcement came late due to the technical glitch during the recently concluded awards night. However, the MMFF Board of Jurors decided to give the CAST OF THE FILM the Special Jury Prize because of its effective ensemble acting portraying the valor and heroism of young Filipinos fighting the war against terrorism.
The film MAMASAPANO also won the Second Best Picture, Best Screenplay, Fernando Poe Jr. Memorial Award, and Best Original Theme Song (Ang Aking Mahal).
Psychological thriller “Deleter” took home the most number of win, earning awards for Best Cinematography, Best Director, Best Lead Actress, and Best Picture.
Meanwhile, “Nanahimik ang Gabi” bagged the Best Production Design, Best Musical Score, Best Actor in Supporting Role, Best Actor, and 3rd Best Picture.
Here’s the full list of winners:
- Best Float: My Father, Myself
- Best Child Performer: Shawn Niño Gabriel, My Father, Myself
- Best Sound: Deleter
- Best Musical Score: Greg Rodriguez III, Nanahimik Ang Gabi
- Best Original Theme Song: “Ang Aking Mahal,” Mamasapano: Now It Can Be Told
- Best Visual Effects: Deleter
- Best Production Design: Nananahimik Ang Gabi
- Best Editing: Nikolas Red, Deleter
- Best Cinematography: Deleter
- Gender Sensitivity: My Teacher
- Stars of the Night: Ian Veneracion, Nadine Lustre
- Marichu Vera-Perez Memorial Award: Vilma Santos-Recto
- Fernando Poe Jr. Memorial Award: Mamasapano: Now It Can Be Told
- Gatpuno Antonio J. Villegas Cultural Award: Family Matters
- Best Screenplay: Mamasapano: Now It Can Be Told
- Best Supporting Actress: Dimples Romana, My Father, Myself
- Best Supporting Actor: Mon Confiado, Nanahimik Ang Gabi
- Best Director: Mikhail Red, Deleter
- Best Actor: Ian Veneracion, Nanahimik Ang Gabi
- Best Actress: Nadine Lustre, Deleter
- 3rd Best Picture: Nanahimik Ang Gabi
- 2nd Best Picture: Mamasapano: Now It Can Be Told
- Best Picture: Deleter
- Special Jury Prize: Mamasapano: Now It Can Be Told
The official eight entries to the MMFF 2022 are: “Deleter” by Viva Communications, Inc.; “Family Matters” by Cineko Productions, Inc.; “Mamasapano: Now It Can Be Told” by Borracho Film Production; “My Father, Myself” by 3:16 Media Network and Mentorque Productions; “Nanahimik ang Gabi” by Rein Entertainment Productions; “Partners in Crime” by ABS-CBN Film Productions; “Labyu with an Accent” by ABS-CBN Film Productions; and “My Teacher” by TEN17P.
This year’s MMFF Board of Jurors
- CHAIRMAN : Direk Laurice Guillen
- Co- Chairman: Jojo Garcia
- FDCP Chairman Tirso Cruz III
- Cong. Dan Fernandez
- Ms. Raquel Villavicencio
- Mr. Ino Manalo
- Mr. Alex Cortez
- Mr. Noah Tonga
- Atty. Victor Pablo Trinidad
- Mr. Lucky Blanco
With the theme, “Balik Saya,” all the eight films are being shown in theaters nationwide on December 25 and will run through January 7, 2023.