Now on its 3rd edition, CineFilipino Film Festival will run from May 9-15 at select cinemas: Gateway, Greenbelt 1, SM Fairview, SM North EDSA, SM Megamall, SM Manila, SM Mall of Asia, SM Southmall.
Here are the short film finalists:
• “Amusin Pa” – Raiza Masculino (Mapúa)
• “Binata Na” – Dexter De Jesus (Bataan Peninsula State University)
• “Happy Birthday, Mylene, 2023 Ka Na” – Austin Tan (UP Diliman)
• “Mark & Lenny” – Gio Potes (UP Diliman)
• “Rufyla” – Coleen Tanco (College of Saint Benilde)
• “Santa Nena!” – Tim Villanueva (College of Saint Benilde)
• “Tugma” – Joshua Tayco (De La Salle University)
• “Ate, Kuya, Gusto Kong Kape” – MG Bayani
• “Boyet Loves You” – Josel Fajardo
• “Duyan ng Alon” – Katrina Banaag
• “Gabi ng Kababalaghan” – Stephen Lopez
• “Lasingtunado” – Miguel Fernandez
• “Luisa at Guada” – Jude Matanguihan
• “Palabas” – Arjanmar Rebeta
• “Raw” – Mark Frondoza
• “Si Aponibolinayen Aw mgo Bato No” (Si Aponibolinayen at ang mga Batang Lumilipad) – April Aspiras
• “Siyudad sa Bulawan” (City of Gold) – Jarell Serence
Watch all the trailers for the full-length finalist here:
DELIA & SAMMY by Therese Cayaba
An ill-tempered old actress Delia, has to find family to leave her equally difficult husband with before she dies, forcing themselves back into the lives of people they’ve hurt, estranged and antagonized.
EXCUSE ME PO by Ronald Batallones
Excuse Me Po is the story of Hilda, a 65-year-old Senior Citizen who makes a living out of begging inside and outside of the mall. She worked as an extra in the movies in the 80s. Her acting skills have become handy in turning into a con artist but all because of an ailing husband with Parkinson’s disease. Without Hilda’s knowledge, Ruel, a filmmaker has been observing her M.O. or modus operandi. Ruel approached Hilda to ask if he can turn her life into a film and she agrees. As it turns out, this had become her ticket to playing herself in the movie.
HITBOY by Bor Ocampo
At 15, Hitboy Alex is a full-time kid who plays a game of survival as part-time gun for hire.
GUSTO KITA WITH ALL MY HYPOTHALAMUS by Dwein Baltazar
In Avenida, the lives of 4 men intertwine, searching for something and they all find what they are looking for in one woman called Aileen.
MATA TAPANG by Rod Marmol
An absolutist soldier who lost an eye in battle opens a new “eye” that makes him see his fallen brother and accomplish their life missions.
MGA MISTER NI ROSARIO by Alpha Habon
Bea is the perfect stage wife to his method actor husband, until he gets the role of a lifetime and threatens to kill her “character”.
POON by Roni Supangan Benaid
Claudia, a religious church servant, experiences horrible things after she bought a religious image, she believes is miraculous.
THE ETERNITY BETWEEN SECONDS by Alec Figuracion
A depressive motivational speaker, and an anxious Kopino meeting her Korean father for the first time, cross paths in Incheon International Airport, where, together, they attempt to elude time.
The finalists in the Feature-Length Category each received a grant amounting to 2 million pesos. No grants are given to Short Feature Category and Digital Content Category finalists but cash prizes will be given out to the winners.
From more than 140 entries, carefully chosen by the lean and mean selecting committee, festival head of competition Joey Reyes, festival director Madonna Tarrayo, Central Digital Lab’s Manet A. Dayrit, Director Hannah Espia, Director Joel Ruiz, Mr. Lilit Reyes and Philippines Daily Inquirer’s Bayani San Diego.
The finalists for the other categories are yet to be announced. For the Short Feature Category, there are expected to be 11 student finalists and 11 non-student finalists (Student Sub-Category and Open Short Feature Category respectively. As for the Digital Content Category, 11 finalists are expected.